Maintaining a healthy body consists of quite a few components: eating healthy and nutritious food, maintaining a positive mindset, moving your body regularly, getting a good night’s sleep, and making sure you’re regularly drinking water. But, NOT all water is created equal and the water you’re drinking could be harming you!
To be healthy in the truest sense is to make sure your body is in an alkaline state versus an acidic state. When the body is acidic, there’s a greater chance for disease because the immune system isn’t functioning optimally. Conversely, when the body is in an alkaline state, it’s healthy and can more easily fend off sickness.
What about Drinking Water?
We all know by now that drinking water throughout the day is important. Although, recently I discovered that many bottled waters contain acidic properties. Unfortunately, Smart water isn’t so smart and Dasani is even worse.
So how do we test our water?
If your tap water IS acidic, you can easily do one of two things:
- Install a countertop filter – There are many types of filters available on the market. Vitev is a company recommended by The Earth Diet author, Liana Werner-Gray, who spends her days researching products that improve health. Vitev’s products are made in the U.S. too. Search amazon.com for “alkaline filters” and there are other options too.
- Buy a water pitcher with a filter – Again, Vitev has them available at reasonable prices, but you can also buy a Brita (that’s what I’ve got!) or something similar.
What about your body?
As mentioned, when the body is in an acidic state, it’s a breeding ground for disease. Test your ph levels and, if your body is acidic, do the following to move it toward an alkaline state:
- Eat less sugar, fried, fast and processed foods
- Eat MORE alkaline-forming foods, including lots of veggies
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning (yes, before coffee!) to reset the body. After a night’s sleep, the body will can be dehydrated. Avoid pumping caffeine into the body first thing. It will only shock your system and cause inflammation.
- Eat a sugar-free breakfast. Sugar is acidic. Give your body the chance to reset.
- Eat organic and anti-biotic free meats. If you do eat meat, then make sure it’s free of chemicals. The antibiotics food manufacturers use to grow bigger animals faster will then be transferred to you. Again, this creates inflammation.
- Drink more water! But make sure it’s not acidic. 🙂
Best of all, when you move your body toward a more alkaline state, you will feel better!